Hello, on today’s post, I am gonna share my thought about the lipstick, as well as sharing the swatches.
Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic – vivid shades. So, it is not the normally boring red or pink shades. Specifically, the Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is categorized into four stunning hues – reds, pinks, browns and mauves. Originally, there are 27 shades of lip color offered for every mood; however, only 15 shades are sold in Indonesia. In this blog, I will share 9 of 15 shades from my collection.
- Pink Avenue (v)
- Pink Paradies (v)
- Nude Mocha
- Red My Lips
- Crushed Candy (v)
- Pink Please (v)
- Pinkalicious (v)
- Party Pink (v)
- Downtown Red (v)
- Cherry On Top (v)
- Red Siren
- Orange Icon (v)
- True Toffee (v)
- Plum-Tastic (v)
- moisturized, so you don’t need to wear a lip balm, &
- highly pigmented that some with bold colors stain on the lips
- Smooth consistency
- Creamy but is not heavy on the lips
- Some of the lipsticks contain very fine glitters that you need to stare at the lips closely to see it after applying.
On their website, Maybelline claims that It stays for up to six hours; however, I find that not all of it can stay that long, mostly are up to four hours only, if you use it to eat and drink, depends on the color you use.
The Packaging comes in a light black colored plastic rectangular packaging, with colored bands in the middle. Basically, Maybelline used this band to help us in differing the shades based on the four hues category i.e., Mauves with purple bands, Pinks with pink bands, Red with Red bands and Browns with brown bands. Also, at the base of each lipsticks is coded with color stickers complete with the number and name of the shades, which I personally found helpful to identify the lipstick in the stash.
Price in Indonesia:
The price is ranging from Rp 30,000.- to Rp 35,500.-, depending on where you buy it. The following is a list of price quote from online and offline store:
- Lazada.co.id: normal price is Rp 30,000.-, however, they often found on sale, ranging from 10% – 14% off.
- Luxola.co.id: the price is ranging from Rp 30,000.- to Rp 33,000.-, depends on the color.
- Star Departemen Store: Rp 33,000.-
- Bilna.com: Rp 35,500.-
- At counters at the supermarket as Carrefour & Giant, they cost about Rp 31,000.-
- While at Watson & Guardian, they cost about Rp 32,000.-
- Anyone knows how much it costs at Matahari department store? Please comment below, thank you 🙂
The following is my Maybelline Color Show Lipstick Collection pictures and swatches. Notes: I didn’t use any concealer or lip liner when doing the swatches. So, I wore the lipstick as it is. Enjoy <3
1. Maybelline Color Show no. 101 – Pink Avenue
Pink Avenue is basically a bright, cool-toned medium pink with a shimmery and frosty finish. This color is perfect for night out, but I found it also is pretty to be used daily 🙂
2. Maybelline Color Show no. 103 – Crushed Candy
Crushed Candy is a candy pink color, some people refer it as the sheer bubblegum pink because it contains silver micro shimmer particles; hence, it has a sheen finish. This color is very girly to wear. Compared with the others, Crushed Candy is less pigmented, therefore, you need to build the opacity to make the color opaque.
3. Maybelline Color Show no. 104 – Pink Please
Pink Please is a warm-toned baby pink shades, one of my favorite color from this collection <3. Just like Pink Avenue, Pink Please is also having a shimmery finish.This color is perfect for any day look. Think, this will be my go to shade for a while.
4. Maybelline Color Show no. 105 – Pinkalicious
Pinkalicious is a warm rosy-pink with peachy or coral undertones. It has a pearly finish. It is a perfect shades for Spring and Summer <3
5. Maybelline Color Show no. 107 – Pink Paradise
Pink Paradise has a quite similar color with Pink Avenue on the lips; however, if you compare the hand swatch, Pink Paradise is actually darker than Pink Avenue. It contains very fine glitters; hence, it has a shimmery finish.
6. Maybelline Color Show no. 201 – Downtown Red
Downtown Red is a true red with cool undertone.It has a semi-opaque finish with just one swipe, but I would recommend you to apply it 2 – 3 swipes for a more opaque and even color. Personally, I think this color can be rocked by most skin tones and undertones. It definitely is one of the best red lipstick I ever have. Seems like I won’t use any other red lippies for a while <3
7. Maybelline Color Show no. 203 – Cherry On Top
Cherry On Top, similar with Downtown Red, has a slightly cool-toned, medium pink red with a shiny finish. So, it does not have any micro shimmers, but it has a beautiful sheen. If you see the hand swatch below, it looks almost glossy. Similar with Downtown Red, again, it is also has a quite pigmented formula that with one swipes only, you already get a semi-opaque finish. However, if you want to get a more even and opaque coverage, swipes it 3 times. I find this color sexy. The perfect color to make a statement. More suitable for party or night out than for day-to-day look.
8. Maybelline Color Show no. 301 – True Toffee
True Toffee is a nude color with hint of orange. However, it looks more like peachy nude on my lips, while it looks like medium-coral for others. If you just start wearing makeup, and does not want to look too daring, or you want to pull the no makeup makeup look, this is the perfect lipstick for you. This lipstick will give you the natural but sexy and edgy look at the same time. Perfect for day look, but I don’t really think so for night look.
9. Maybelline Color Show no. 308 – Orange Icon
Orange Icon is a pretty bright coral with pink undertones. The color is very vibrant that it can instantly brighten up the look for fair to medium skin tones. It has a glossy finish. Swipes it 2 – 3 times for a perfect pop of color. This color perfect for summer. Since we live in Indonesia, which is hot throughout the year, we can always rock this color anytime we like.
10. Maybelline Color Show no. 402 – Plum-Tastic
Plum-Tastic, unlike its name, is a berry shade with slight cool pink undertone.I think it’s more like bright plum that looks almost fuchsia, which I think is perfect for any skin-tones and under-tones. If Pink Paradise has very fine glitters, Plum-Tastic has silver micro shimmers that look pink, purple and blue under some lighting, which makes the arm swatch looks frosty. Unlike the others, Plum-Tastic has a sheer finish. Suitable for any occasions look <3
- Creamy & smooth texture
- Glides smoothly on the lips
- The bold color is Pigmented
- All colors are build-able
- Moisturizing / not drying on the lips
- The matte stays on for long time
- Color Coded Packaging
- It transfers; hence I have to reapply it after eating/drinking
- The sheer/shimmery color can have better pigmentation
- The shade is not suitable for every skin tone
So, that’s my review and swatches of Maybelline Color Show Lipstick. I really have a good time in writing this post up. Hope you enjoy as much as I did and find it useful 🙂